Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the World Food Championships?
- The World Food Championships is the highest stakes food competition in the world. This multi-day, live-event culinary competition showcases some of the world's best cooking masters competing for food, fame and fortune.
- What are the dates of the competition?
- The World Food Championships will take place Nov. 3-10, 2015.
- What are the categories?
- The 2014 Categories are:
- The 2014 Categories are:
- How do I compete at the World Food Championships?
- There are a number of different ways to secure an invitation to compete at the World Food Championships. Check out our How Do I Compete Page for more information.
- Which hotel is best for me?
- More information regarding hotel stay packages in Kissimmee will be released on February 3rd.
- Where can I buy tickets to the World Food Championships?
- It may surprise you to learn that the World Food Championships is FREE to attend. That said, there are numerous grazing and ticketed events for people to eat and enjoy. Take a bite out of the World Food Championships on our tickets page.
- Can I sample food?
- The competition dishes are created only for WFC judging. That said, we have numerous ticketed options for people interested in eating World Championship caliber food. Also, if you're interested in judging at the World Food Championships, you can apply here. It's a tasty job, but somebody's got to it.
- I'm planning on attending the World Food Championships, where should I stay?
- More information regarding hotel stay packages in Kissimmee will be released on Feb. 3.
- How will each category be judged?
- Each category will have its own competition rules. Most categories will be judged using the World Food Championships' own proprietary EAT™ scoring method.
- If I get to the Final Table, will I compete under my respective category?
- Yes. The Final Table is the culinary showdown of all nine category winners.
- Can my friends and family attend?
- Yes, of course! Admittance to watch the World Food Championships is free.
- Are travel expenses included in the competition entry fee?
- No. Competitors are responsible for all travel and lodging expenses. That said, we have secured some great room rates through our partner hotels. Visit our hotels page for more information.
- I would like to judge at the World Food Championships!
- Visit the Judge page to submit an application.
- I would like to volunteer at the World Food Championships!
- Visit the Volunteer page to submit an application.
- I don't have any prior judging experience.
- That's ok! The World Food Championships is seeking to find the most qualified judges possible, this however, does not require you to have previously judged a competition or have a culinary degree. When applying, you will be asked to share your culinary/food resume, so make sure you tell us all about your passion for food.
- Can I judge more than one category?
- It is possible, though not likely, due to the response in judges applications.
- I have applied to judge, when will I find out if I am selected?
- Judges positions will be confirmed by June 30.
- What are the various things I can volunteer for at the World Food Championships?
- There are numerous tasks and ways a person can volunteer for. Depending on your culinary background, there may also be specific culinary volunteer opportunities. Your volunteer application will list a number of these opportunities.